Friday, April 3, 2009

Are we falling or flying?

This song just really fits my mood and my place in life right now ... basically, I'm kind of obsessed with it, so I thought I would share with you.

We got lost again
Drove to the end of the road.
And a red-faced man
Taught us to do what we're told.

And on the 23rd night
Things ain't bad, but things ain't right.

Are we falling or flying?
Are we falling or flying?
Are we living or dying?
I guess we'll never know.

The air's so heavy
It could drown a butterfly if it flew too high.
And I get the feeling 
That the truck driver ain't shy
Cause he's looking at me but nowhere near my eyes.

And on the 35th morning
Things ain't good, but things ain't boring.

Are we falling or flying?
Are we falling or flying?
Are we living or dying?
I guess we'll never know.
Striking rock but hitting gold.

Sometimes it's hard to tell
If there's a life behind this song.
But I know tomorrow
Today won't feel so long, no.

Cause on the 42nd night
The room was dark but the stage was bright.

Are we falling or flying?
Are we falling or flying?
Are we living, are we dying?
Cause my friend, this too shall pass
So play every show like it's your last.

~Grace Potter and The Nocturnals

No comments: