In other words, I just don't make sense. For those of you who know me really well, don't just nod your head and stop reading. I have reasons to support my conclusion, and they probably differ from your assumptions (e.g., that I don't make sense because I voted for Obama. I still stand by my vote, and that factor does not go into my analysis).
But seriously, my actions aren't usually logical. Here are some examples.
1. I only buy facial moisturizers and makeup that have SPF 15 in them; then I wash my face and go to the tanning bed.
2. I won't eat dinner because I don't have enough money to go to the grocery store, but I'll buy my friend a massage and go get myself a chai latte at Starbucks (Starbucks is a food group, no?).
3. I love getting dressed up and wearing expensive shoes, but I'm most comfortable in jeans, a t-shirt, and my Reefs.
4. I'm told that I always give excellent relationship advice, yet I haven't actually been in a relationship for, like, 8,000 years (I also like to exaggerate).
5. I know I want to raise a family and "settle down" in the South, but I'm planning on staying in DC after graduation (and wonder why I'm single?).
6. I take offense when I'm branded an "elitist," but ... I'm kind of an elitist. (I'm sorry, but I've studied government and public service while living in DC for the past two years. I think that makes me a little more qualified to make assessments about current or proposed policies than your average Joe—especially if the aforementioned Joe doesn't even have a college degree. And I don't think that's a ridiculous assumption. Do you call chemists "elitists" because they think they know more about chemistry than you? Didn't think so).
7. I encourage—even nag—friends and family members to go to the doctor when they're not feeling well. I, however, refuse to call a doctor or go to the hospital unless I'm vomiting blood (and sometimes not even then).
8. I'm a social person, but I really enjoy being a homebody more than anything else.
9. I'm against torture in any and every situation, yet 24 is my favorite show. Ever.
10. After 18 years of education (2 of which were in grad school) and 26 years of life on earth, I still have absolutely no idea what I want to do in life or what I want from life. I want to live in DC ... but I also want to live in Atlanta ... and I'd kind of like to live overseas for a while. I want to have a really successful career that's altruistic in nature ... but I also kind of want to get married and be a stay-at-home mom. I like tall, attractive men with good hearts ... except when I like the bad boy. Etc., etc., etc.
See what I mean? Honestly, I could go on and on and on. I'm just full of contradictions. One seriously confused dichotomy. But hey ... at least I'm a pretty stable dichotomy. I mean, at least I think I am. I don't know. Could change tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment