Sunday, February 15, 2009

Random thoughts and procrastination

I am being completely irresponsible right now.  I have a 6-page paper due tomorrow, and I have yet to even open a Word document.  I'm not too worried, though.  I know what I'm going to write about, and six pages doesn't take long at all for me.  And I kind of don't even care anymore.  I have senioritis.  That, and I'm just juggling too many balls.

That's what she said.

Yes, this is going to be a completely random post that will have no real meaning other than distracting me from this really boring paper that I don't want to write.  So, I'm just going to give you some reflections from the past week.

1.  Tights do not equal pants.  Ladies—when you just wear tights/leggings with a long-ish t-shirt that barely covers your derriere, you look like an idiot.  Tights are not the same things as pants.  You do NOT look cute.  You look stupid.

2.  Along those lines:  Ladies—do not wear shorts OVER leggings/tights with knee high boots.  You look like a complete idiot, especially given the fact that it's 30 degrees outside.  You just look like a poorly dressed hooker.

3.  Holy boringness, Batman.  Can Obama please pick a new press secretary?!?  Listening to Robert Gibbs is more boring than listening to Al Gore in a presidential debate.  I can't put up with this guy much longer (and it's only been 3 weeks)!  I know I'm not alone in my desire for a replacement.  Why is it taking so long?!?

4.  That's what she said.

5.  Yes, it's "International 'That's What She Said' Day."  For those of you who don't watch The Office, here's the link for Urban Dictionary's explanation.  It's a lot more fun than a Valentine's Day dinner.  (That's what she said).

6.  It is confirmed.  I love getting flowers.  Lilies (specifically Calla Lilies, but any lily will do) and Irises are my favorites (for future reference).  But long-stemmed red roses always get the job done too.

7.  I'm kind of excited about getting my Medic Alert bracelet this week.  I don't really know what that says about me.

8.  I am really excited about Restaurant Week!  I've got a delicious dinner lined up tomorrow night with Nizzle, and all the girls will be gathering at Art and Soul on Tuesday (yes, I like alliteration).  I'll make up for all the extra calories by not eating the rest of the week (sounds like a good plan, no?).

9.  I don't really care about saving the children anymore.  I want to want to save the children again, but all these youth development classes are taking the love and idealism right out of me (See:  not wanting to write my Youth Development paper).  Good thing I'm graduating this semester.  If I had to take one more class on youth development, my desire to save the children (and probably anyone else, for that matter) would be extinguished forever.  And don't even get me started on Senegal!  Only 2 more months and 22 days.  I can do it.

10.  Despite the constant decline in my desire to help the children, I have accepted and embraced the fact that I am a total nerd.  While I never want to hear people discussing outputs vs. outcomes again in my entire life, I have to say that I enjoy being academic.  My friends a I literally get excited when James Q. Wilson or Paul C. Light write anything in the Post or are mentioned in passing anywhere else.  And a reference to Downs?  Well ... nothing can beat that.

11.  I really need to figure out a new way to talk about my favorite class.  I've caught myself saying "I like terrorism" three times in the past week.  To all the cameras and listening devices all over DC, let me be clear—I do not like terrorism.  Terrorism is very bad.  I like my terrorism class.

Ok.  I need to stop procrastinating.  I need to just hurry up and get this over with.

That's what she said. :-)

No comments: