Saturday, November 8, 2008

What's Next?

I'm sitting in my room this Saturday night actively procrastinating on schoolwork while eagerly anticipating the next SNL.  But after watching the network's replay of the Presidential Bash, I'm left wondering ... what's next?

The show has been totally on point this year — from their coverage of the never-ending Democratic primaries up until the very last week of the general election.  Honestly, SNL came back in a big way ... so much so that I actually started tuning in to watch it live every Saturday night (probably for the first time in my life).  And DVR-ing it in case something came up and I missed an episode.

So now — after watching the very best they had to offer during this presidential season and cracking up all over again — I'm a little anxious about what all the sketches are going to be about now that it's over.  Let's face it — SNL wasn't doing so hot until the election heated up.  And nothing really funny has happened this past week (except for that whole "Sarah Palin doesn't know Africa is a continent" thing.  That was actually really funny.  And disturbing).

So here I am, just watching the 11:00 news and waiting for the magical SNL hour.  But I have no idea what's next.

While we're waiting, I'll let you watch my two favorite sketches of the whole season — these NEVER get old (at least to me anyways).  So here they are, for your viewing pleasure — the Vice Presidential Debate:


And the Sarah Palin Rap:



As Tina Fey said a few months ago, bitch is the new black.  But like that other guy said the week after — black is the new president, bitch. :-)

No comments: